Records & Archives
Records Management and Archives (RMAA) provides a comprehensive records management program for the University of Arizona and its departments. RMAA assists departments in establishing efficient systems and procedures for the storage and retrieval of information and in determining retention and disposition schedules that conform to legal, administrative, and fiscal requirements.
RMAA will provide records management instruction to university management and staff; provide boxes for storage of eligible inactive records; pickup and store records at the University's Records Center; retrieve and refile records stored by departments or units; oversee the legal destruction of records; and secure permanent records in the University Archives.
Converting to Iron Mountain
The Records Management & Archives office is transitioning our records storage operations to Iron Mountain. This well-known and respected records storage company offers safe and more secure storage at an overall reduced cost.
- What is a Record? Official records vs non-records.
- University Common Retention Schedules This is a partial list of common records. Contact RMAA for details.
- University Email Policy
- State of Arizona Common Retention Schedule Website
- State of Arizona Common Retention Schedule Searchable PDF Contact the RMAA office for help interpreting this schedule.
- State of Arizona UPDATED Common Retention Schedule for Higher Education
General Info About Obtaining Various Types of Records
Student records can be requested through the Office of the Registrar.
Public records can be requested through the Coordinator of Public Records.
Employee records can be requested through Human Resources.
Historical information about the University is available through the Special Collections Library.
For medical records at the Banner-University Medical Center, call (520) 694-7310.